The M.A.S.T. Young Person Adventure Voyage Scheme encourages young people aged between 16-25 to raise their voyage fee and is dedicated to ensuring that a young person interested in undertaking a voyage is able to providing the make an effort towards getting themselves on board.
Funding Your Trip
All our young voyagers are encouraged to fundraise for all or some of their berth fee. This is the first step – generating a feeling of personal ownership and a sense of achievement … before the voyage even starts.
It may seem a daunting prospect at first but with a little dedication and enthusiasm, raising
all or some of the voyage fee is very doable.
The cost of a 10 day voyage for each young person is on average £1000 but you will need to raise in the region of £1200 to ensure you have enough for insurance, travel to and from the ship and spending money.
Raising the funds
The first step is to tell as many people as possible that you are going to do a voyage on A Tall Ship and that you want to raise money towards the cost of the voyage. Tell them why you want to do the trip, and what you expect to get out of joining the ship as one of its crew.
Information for others
Ensure you know enough about M.A.S.T. and our ship the tall ship you will be sailing on to let your sponsors know where their money is going to. The fundraising team can provide you with leaflets and a CD with information which demonstrates our work in detail. Here are a few points about TS Pelican to get you started:
- The M.A.S.T. – Young Persons Adventure Voyage Scheme supports
young people raising their voyage fee and offers financial bursaries to help.
- M.A.S.T. charity and the crew of the Tall Ships aim is to enrich young people lives, the perception of themselves and individual confidence and ability , and enhance cultural and social understanding.
- A voyage will enable me test myself, and meet challenges.
- I will communicate with lots of people different to me.
- M.A.S.T. supports young people wishing to undertake a tall ships voyages
Download your fundraising pack here.